can anyone tell me which of my chicks are hens

Try getting multiple pictures of each chicken :)
Front picture of comb/crest. Side picture of head and/or side picture of whole body.
Need to see if there are streamers in crest/neck/tail, comb/waddle size, and stance pretty much!

How old are they?

In the first picture, the very front chicken, 98% sure that is a rooster, going by the comb size and prominence of waddles. He reminds me of my white roo in the crest too.
Other ones, I would need to see better pictures to state my opinion on their sex.

heres some more pics ill try to get some better ones this weekend. the big white ones are about 4 months and the little 2 brown and 1 black are about 2 months. thanks for the help

heres some more pics ill try to get some better ones this weekend. the big white ones are about 4 months and the little 2 brown and 1 black are about 2 months. thanks for the help
Pretty sure the buff in this pic is a rooster with a comb that size, my white roo had a comb that size at that age.

Thinking the black one might be a pullet. The stance in the first pics you posted is fairly low and s/he reminds me of my pullet, Gracey, when she was that age. She started out with a really tiny crest too.

White on the right is a rooster. I'm still a bit conflicted about the other white one.

This one is different from the other buff right? I know you have two. Because judging by this one's crest, it looks more like a pullet.

I eagerly await more pictures of your cuties! :)

heres some of the white one in question (hopefully all hens)and the brown and black we weren't sure of (my daughter snuck the last picture)

heres some of the white one in question (hopefully all hens)and the brown and black we weren't sure of (my daughter snuck the last picture)

I think the white one is a cockerel. That stance is really high- I've never seen my pullets stand like that, but my white roo and splash roo have. Having a little trouble with the other pictures because they're out of focus. I'm trying to look for streamers and whatnot, but I can't see them :p

In the bottom pic, the one on the far right might be a pullet, her stance looks pretty low. :)

Back
Top Bottom