CAN ANYONE TELL OUR OWNER WHAT WE ARE !

Thank you. I will try to get some more pictures of them tomarrow. Thelma is broody right now. I got her picture when I took her off the nest so she could get some food and water, otherwise she would dehydrate and starve herself to death. She wants to be a mom so bad. But I don't want her hatching any because its so cold here in the winter even though her fluff would keep the chicks warm I don't want to risk it. If she goes broody in the spring you can bet i'll be letting her hatch eggs. How many eggs do you think she could keep warm by the way. Bantam or standard.

oh ok thanks...we have 20 little oeg bantam hens all laying but 4 and i found thelma sitting on 10 eggs along with 5 standard hen eggs layed from my RIRs. so that just gives you a better perspective on how big she is. and the interesting thing is, is that when i pulled the eggs out from under her every single one of them was warm....hmmmmmmm

Tell your owner that you are size hefty Cochins. I just think you're just big boned... least that's what I tell folks.... I must have bones that are HUGE!

Last edited:
yes they do weight alot. i had roos of their breed and i think when i weighed them at 1 year one of them was 17 pounds and 1 of them was around 18.5...no lie. im dead serious. wish i had a picture of them but sadley we got ride of them because they where killing my seramas trying to breed them. they where collapsing the seramas insides.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom