Can bantams safely be added to a flock of standard breed?

Good to know about them. I want oegb and had been told they are more outgoing and would not get on with my docile ones.
I think they are wicked cool and will keep in mind that each bird is indeed an individual.

Now just to find females....... No roos allowed here either.

Depends of the flock.Some birdz can be put together,some of it takes time
Some are too aggressive and pick on ones smaller,or younger
My bantams get picked on but never seriously,so no need for separation,you'd be surprised how well some bantams can hold themselves in a flock of standard sizes.

Any chickem can get picked on,especially if introduce without precautions.That can cause serious injury for new or older birds.
Chickens pick on things that are different,younger,and smaller then them.So,lots of time bantams,chicks,or younger chicks get picked on.Some chickens will not allow smaller chickens in the flock.See how they react after introducing them through a fence for a few days.Fighting is normal.Lots of times fighting is tooken out of proportion and people think their seriously gonna hurt eachother,usually after being seperate a few days,they get use to eachother and the fighting isnt and when put together perment.

Yep. :) I just have this of her single..but she was out free ranging with my LF. I've had several that have been out with my LF. No problems.
016.JPG

Back
Top Bottom