Can chickens eat all types of herbs?

Thank you very much for all of your helpful information!
D.gif
My girls really appreciate it!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I think the behavior of chickens out-and-about is quite a bit different from those confined. Idle hens are the devil’s workshop . . .

Regarding chickens in loose soil (including any kind of garden) - they like to dig. I've had them uproot the basil and undermine the chives that they, otherwise, have no interest in.

Steve

My chickens ate all my thyme and are now finishing off my tomato plants. They haven't touched my basil or mint.

Hi! I'm using my dads account. Anyways, I just fed our chickens some fresh picked chives and they LOVED them! Those of you who fed chives to your chickens and they didn't like them, did you try breaking them into approximately 1 inch pieces. I tried giving them a larger strand and they dropped it a few times before picking small bits off of it. I haven't tried any other herbs, but a few of our chickens favorite treats are strawberries (tops of ones you eat or if you have a garden then the ones that the bugs or birds got a bite of before you), sunflower seeds (unsalted only, salt is bad for them), scratch, nummer nummers (actually the dandelion weeds before they are opened, but you open them for the chickens), and apparently chives. Well, that's actually all the treats we have tried except for halved grapes, which they didn't think was food at first, but you know, they like them and who knows? Your may like them to!
wink.png

Later! - Daughter on dads account
wee.gif

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
CHICKENS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I tried giving mine basil and mint they dont like it. I think the smell is to strong for them. They like spinach though.

Back
Top Bottom