Can chickens eat grape seeds?

boxermom

Songster
10 Years
Feb 22, 2009
Spencer,IA
I'm going grape picking tomorrow and plan to make juice. I know chickens can have grapes but are they ok with the seeds? It would sure be nice to give all the pulp without having to pick out the seeds. I'm a little lazy...
hide.gif

I am going to be pressing grapes in a little over a week and I intend to feed my chickens the pressings. They make grape seed oil which is healthy, so I don't think there will be anything come bad of it. MW.

Gosh yes. My chickens ate All the grapes on my grape arbor this year. I'd pick a few clusters to feed them, then they figured out how to get up there and pick their own. They loved em and were crapping purple poo poo for about a month! No harm done.

Wow. The only thing I've found my chickens like so far is the tops of carrots. They love the leafy tops but not grapes, apples, seed, but grass. It's a good thing I don't have cows. I think a fight would insue on who get the grass. Maybe if I wait long enough I will be able to milk these chickens. I gotta do some checking.
wink.png

There are only three things that chickens can't eat - avacados, potoato peels, and tomato plants.

Last edited:
Quote:
Really!?! Maybe I should tell my chickens they should not have been eating those avacados I've been feeding them for the last 7 years.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom