Can Chickens Eat Grapes?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by yankeedoodle300, Nov 4, 2011.

1. yankeedoodle300

yankeedoodle300 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Chicken Heaven
    Can Chickens Eat Grapes? at the end of October, I Got JUST Cracked Corn, Not Pellets, And Asked About JUST Feeding them Corn.

The Answer Was " No, Get them Pellets And Corn in the winter " From Every Body Here on BYC.

My Mother has Not got pellets to go with the corn yet, She has not had the time....

In the Mean time, To Give them MORE Variety, I Want to give them Grapes, Which we Have Plenty of.

but Can Chickens Eat Grapes?

will it Hurt them?

Will it Help them?

Will it Kill them?

Can Chickens Eat Grapes?
    .... Yankee ...

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Yep, my chickens, turkeys & peafowl love them, but the pigeons won't touch them.

3. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Are you kidding?! Chickens will eat up grapes so fast they choke! I try to cut them up, as one will eat it whole before another one tries to steal it.

I love just tossing half a grape at them at a time, and watching them chase each other around the yard! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    YES!! I cut mine lengthwise...they swallow them faster than they can hit the ground!

5. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    Quote:yes you can give them grapes, I cut them in half and only give them seedless grapes.

am I understanding this correctly, your chickens are only eating cracked corn?

6. ninabeast

ninabeast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Upstate New York
    Mine will cut you for raisins.

newbiecrystal and mintunz like this.
  7. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] They LOVE Them!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Katydid2011

Katydid2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    West Coast USA
    I would definitely feed layer pellets in addition to cracked corn and other treats like grapes! Grapes are an absolute favorite with my girls. [​IMG]

9. Rosaleen

Rosaleen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Danville, Vermont
    My chicks love them...I cut them up and sometimes put them in oatmeal for them.

Chicken_Guru likes this.
  10. yankeedoodle300

yankeedoodle300 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Chicken Heaven
    Quote:yes you can give them grapes, I cut them in half and only give them seedless grapes.

am I understanding this correctly, your chickens are only eating cracked corn?

yes, I AM Only Giving them Cracked Corn now, But Today my Mom is Suppose to Get Some Crumbles* For them.

we did not Know That you were supposed to give them Corn AND pellets*, Until I Asked on BYC If you Can only Give them Cracked Corn.

Again, Today my Mom is Going to get Crumbles* For them.

* Crumbles, Pellets, Same thing, Different Style, Eh?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by