Can chickens eat spiders???

my chickies Love spiders, i hate spiders! i d Rather have mice. i m trying to let my girls out of the run so hopefully they can take care of our over population of spiders here. ( i swear my home is cursed)

Quote:
OOh as I was reading this thread I was wondering about roaches- I live in the city and we only have the roaches that live in the sewer but I have seen a lot more of them lately and I'm getting some chickens this weekend
wee.gif
(I am SO excited) and I was wondering if they would eat the roaches- it sounds like they will!!! I hope!
fl.gif
I don't like those buggers!

just a minor correction, there is no such thing as a poisonous spider/ snake. they are venomous, or not....... many venomous spiders can bite you without injecting any venom. This is called a dry bite. even a non venomous spider bite can give us a bacterial infection. We get a horrible looking orange and black spider every fall here in missouri. They seem to love to hang off of the eeves (sp) they can make a huge web in one night. They are gonners this year with my ladies!!!

i hope so because my little ones torn some type of spider apart last night will i was feeding them i had gotten in the box and anything that gets in their box is lunch

Spiders are most definitely on the chicken menu.
cool.png
It's pretty funny watching them hunt the spiders down!

I once found a skinless rat in my coop, all covered in mud and blue and slimy.
sickbyc.gif
I don't know which of my birds managed to kill and skin the rat but didn't eat it (may have been a group project), but that was one nasty discovery!

I will care for my hens til they reach old age as long as they eat wolfe spiders. In this house, you can hear their little Spider footsteps as they cross the basement floor. I know they are good for the garden, but I shreak unbelievably loudly if one of those spiders gets near my hands. It is involuntary, I swear. I would rather deal with mice and snakes. I know it doesn't make since but it's just me! I cant wait for the girls to get their spider groove on.

Every time my folks open the garage door, the chickens rush in to search for spiders. They eat them all, including the black widows.

Back
Top Bottom