Can Chickens get constipated?????

lilrose922

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 11, 2013
have a hen just came out and feed everyone and shes not acting right very listless just stands there and dosent want to eat or drink my husbend massaged her but and got some runny yellow diarea out please help thanks

Have you found anything out? I have a chicken with the same issue. I dont think she is egg bound.

X 2 on the possibility of peritonitis, she could also have some other type of infection, coccidiosis or worms.

Pick her up and check her over carefully. See if she's lost weight and check her lower abdomen, see if she feels swollen or bloated.

I know this is an old thread but I have a 6 month old pullet that has been acting listless and trying to push something out her back end. Thought maybe she was egg bound and soaked her in Epsom salt bath, rubbed oil around her butt and waited, but nothing. She is eating a little. When I feel underneath she feels bloated or harder than normal. Could she be constipated? Does anyone have any other ideas I can try? Feeling desperate for her!

I know this is an old thread but I have a 6 month old pullet that has been acting listless and trying to push something out her back end. Thought maybe she was egg bound and soaked her in Epsom salt bath, rubbed oil around her butt and waited, but nothing. She is eating a little. When I feel underneath she feels bloated or harder than normal. Could she be constipated? Does anyone have any other ideas I can try? Feeling desperate for her!
Have you actually used gloves and ky to check her vet to see if you felt an egg?

Back
Top Bottom