Can Chickens Have Tea?

Thunder344

Crowing
Sep 12, 2020
Stafford, Virginia
I know how good some herbs are for chickens. Oregano, for example. I was wondering if instead of giving the chickens the plant of oregano, could i make a oregano tea and give the tea to them? Could i use any herb to make tea for them? Does it need watered down? Thank you for any suggestions/answers, etc!

My chickens arnt really a fan of eating some of the herbs, so i was going to see if i could make a tea out of them it give that to them instead. For some reason, they all hate mint, and since mint is good for hot weather, i was going to make a tea out of it.

The tea angle is interesting! If you feed a wet mash, you could use the tea to moisten it down with, instead of plain water. I guess it depends on how the beneficial ingredient is absorbed by the body, and if the tea method would help or hinder that process.

The tea angle is interesting! If you feed a wet mash, you could use the tea to moisten it down with, instead of plain water. I guess it depends on how the beneficial ingredient is absorbed by the body, and if the tea method would help or hinder that process.
Yes! I actually are feeding them a feed that does need waterer down. Great idea!

I was going to say, yes they can drink tea, but they can't hold their pinkie fingers out! :lau Sorry, me being silly. But hey, if they avoid mint, maybe they shouldn't have it? Maybe they know something we don't?

Back
Top Bottom