Can chicks be kept in an incubator?

Nickeyo

Songster
7 Years
Aug 11, 2012
England, West Midlands, Worcestershire
So I hatched a Yokohama bantam chick, just the one hatched and its mum foster mother is a Wyandotte x friesian so very big as the chick is tiny, she hatched the chick and all was fine but today, it hatched yesterday, I found it just outside the nest what I thought was dead. So I took it and out it in an incubator and its come around and is walking about and cheering. I don't know whether she rejected him or he simply fell out as the nest she made had steep sides of straw. My question is will the chick be ok to be kept in an inubator with food and water just for 1 night or will it overheat?

So I hatched a Yokohama bantam chick, just the one hatched and its mum foster mother is a Wyandotte x friesian so very big as the chick is tiny, she hatched the chick and all was fine but today, it hatched yesterday, I found it just outside the nest what I thought was dead. So I took it and out it in an incubator and its come around and is walking about and cheering. I don't know whether she rejected him or he simply fell out as the nest she made had steep sides of straw. My question is will the chick be ok to be kept in an inubator with food and water just for 1 night or will it overheat?
As long as it has food and water it should be fine, just make sure the water dish has marbles or rocks in it to keep him from falling in and drowning.

Back
Top Bottom