Can chicks hatched from incubated eggs be registered with APC?

Chickin Lady

Hatching
6 Years
May 31, 2013
Hi. Im new here. Was trying to find some info online and figured this might be a good place to ask since I can't find anything. I have a few show chickens and breed stock that is registered with the American Poultry Club. I am incubating my first hatch and was wondering if incubated chicks can be registered as well. I have sent an email to APC but haven't heard back yet. Thanks in advance!

Poultry shows that are sanctioned by the America Poultry Association (APA) and/or the American Bantam Association (ABA) are judged on the breed standards accepted by them. There is no registration by these organizations, or any club or breed registrations required to show.

I have never heard of the American Poultry Club.

Thanks for your reply. Maybe I will hear back from them soon. I don't see why it would matter if they were incubated or not honestly. I believe they are independant of sanctioned shows (not sure) which may be why you havent heard of them. Also, I believe they are fairly new. I know my flock number is a low number which makes me think their numbers just havent grown yet.

Never heard of them, and poultry have never been required to be registered. It would be difficult with the numbers that chickens can hatch out per bird, and the ratio of hens to cock that most use, tracking the exact parents would be a pain.

Back
Top Bottom