Can ducks eat garlic?

Crafty-Duck

Songster
7 Years
May 27, 2012
Lucky Duck Pond
I have heard that giving chickens some garlic water once a week is good for them but I have been holding off because I don't know if ducks can have garlic,does anyone know if it's safe for ducks too?

Thanks

Anyone
hu.gif

Absolute NO-NO's
• Bread, bread products, popcorn, pretzels, chips, crackers...
• Cookies, cakes, ice cream, sugared snacks or processed food products...
• Seeds, nuts, seeded breads or crackers (causes a painful reaction similar to diverticulitis in humans), pits...
• Chocolate, onion, garlic, spices, spicy foods, alcohol (do I have to even mention that?)...
• Colors, dyes, additives, chemicals, preservatives...

copied and pasted from:
http://www.liveducks.com/duckcare.html

hmmm...

we've been working on our garlic beds and as I've been sorting cloves to plant I've tossed a few to the chickens - they seem to love it! I'd like to see more info for the duckies, though...

Absolute NO-NO's
• Bread, bread products, popcorn, pretzels, chips, crackers...
• Cookies, cakes, ice cream, sugared snacks or processed food products...
• Seeds, nuts, seeded breads or crackers (causes a painful reaction similar to diverticulitis in humans), pits...
• Chocolate, onion, garlic, spices, spicy foods, alcohol (do I have to even mention that?)...
• Colors, dyes, additives, chemicals, preservatives...

copied and pasted from:
http://www.liveducks.com/duckcare.html

hmmm...
Heh, if this were true my ducks would be dead, and so would all the ducks we feed our old hotdog buns to at the park pond. They don't really like bread actually so they don't eat it. But they do eat (I should say WILL eat) popcorn, chips, crackers, seeds(especially sunflower) and basil(they LOVE basil) I don't obviously feed them chips and crackers or popcorn often but once in a while they will get what's left in the bottom of the bag...most of what I hear about feeding onions or garlic is that they will flavor the eggs, not cause sickness...

Back
Top Bottom