Can Ducks Eat Layer Feed?

ChickenJV12

Songster
Sep 28, 2018
Hudsonville, MI
So, we have about 15 chickens and a duck. I'm wondering if I can feed my duck layer feed. Is it ok for ducks to eat it and if not, what food should I get for my duck?

You could feed everyone a flock raiser or all flock ration with a separate bowl of oyster shells for the calcium needs. Layer has extra calcium and should only be fed to actively laying hens. It isn't necessary to feed a layer, so I would find something that's best for all.

You could feed everyone a flock raiser or all flock ration with a separate bowl of oyster shells for the calcium needs. Layer has extra calcium and should only be fed to actively laying hens. It isn't necessary to feed a layer, so I would find something that's best for all.
With all flock food, would my hens get enough calcium and protein to continue laying?

With all flock food, would my hens get enough calcium and protein to continue laying?
Mine have been eating it for about 5 years now. I think my flock is healthier, and egg shell quality better on an All Flock. They self regulate their calcium needs. Not all hens need what's in a layer. A 5 egg a week hen needs more calcium, and a 1 a week hen needs a lot less. I saw more problems feeding a layer. The extra protein in an All Flock allows me to feed a bit of scratch daily without worrying about diluting my daily protein.

Back
Top Bottom