Can ducks live with cat?

Mhds

In the Brooder
Dec 18, 2019
For the first i'm sorry for my bad English.I have two female ducks. Two months ago, a cat came to our house with her baby. The two were very cowardly and hungry. I fed them. A few days later, the cat left our house but did not return. Her kitten stayed in our house. She probably was a month or two old. She was very scared and wanted her mother. She did not know how to climb walls or trees. I fed that kitten. It's been a month now and the kitten has grown a little. She is very playful. I've seen her play with leaves and fabrics, but during the game she suddenly goes to the ducks and tries to jump on them! A cat owner told me that the kitten wants to play with ducks, but I'm worried about ducks. Can they live with together? Please help..!

Sadly, deaths between house pets and ducks are often the result of so-called " playing", one little scratch or bite inflicted by the cat to the bird could result in a very fatal death due to the bacteria carried by cats called Pasteurella multocida. So to answer your question, no, I would not keep cats and my ducklings together.

Sadly, deaths between house pets and ducks are often the result of so-called " playing", one little scratch or bite inflicted by the cat to the bird could result in a very fatal death due to the bacteria carried by cats called Pasteurella multocida. So to answer your question, no, I would not keep cats and my ducklings together.
You gave very good information. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom