can ducks survive hot climates?

maytham

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 7, 2014
dubai
I'm living in Dubai ( very hot in the summer, cool in winter) and i want to get ducks, but im not sure whether or not they can survive in hot, humid climates like here.
i already have 6 chicken and they're doing great, but i got turkey once and it was too hot for them.
cant wait to hear from you!

I'm living in Dubai ( very hot in the summer, cool in winter) and i want to get ducks, but im not sure whether or not they can survive in hot, humid climates like here.
i already have 6 chicken and they're doing great, but i got turkey once and it was too hot for them.
cant wait to hear from you!
Emmm... i live in South Africa and it's very hot here!! A few years a go i had ducks and they handled the heat well!! Just give them a pond where they can cool of!!! But they were sadly killed by hawks so in place i got geese!!!

I would go with a lighter breed. I have Indian Runners, and they do well in heat - please make sure they have access to decent water and shade, and good nutrition. I have a walkout basement where I sometimes bring them if it gets over 95F. But shade, water, and good food should keep them quite well. And please protect them from predators, too.

Back
Top Bottom