Can EEs be ALL white?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by EggsForIHOP, May 11, 2010.

1. EggsForIHOP

EggsForIHOP Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    TEXAS
    So...I bought 5 'americauna' chicks (I know that's wrong...but that's how it was spelled on the ad in the paper, you'll see why I included that detail in a moment) back the week after Easter...when I went to pick them up, the lady referred to them as Easter eggers - which I had heard of and I was inspired by the time of year and all, plus they looked like fluffy little chipmunks and so I got 5.....

One was a pretty buff color, had VERY light markings, almost like the other four except she looked like she had been bleached!

Now I have 4 colorful birds...and one WHITE bird with olive green legs!

I would post pics...but 3 days ago I took a pic, brought the camera in and set it down...and now it is MIA!

So yeah, same batch, built the same to my untrained eye, olive drab lags...but bright white!

Is there such a thing as an all white EE...or did someone pull a fast one on me and I wasn't clever enough to catch it at the time?

btw...I had been wondering about this for a while, it's been clear for several weeks now, but I finally had to ask!

Thanks Ya'll!

2. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    yes EE's can be white, I've got a white one the turned into a splash after 1st molt

3. rebecky1305

rebecky1305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Lansing, MI
  4. EggsForIHOP

Apr 18, 2010
    TEXAS
    Awesome! Thanks a TON!! Now I don't feel so hoodwinked as I was starting to! I guess that's what I get for bringing home the pretty 'bleach blond'!

5. lovinlife

lovinlife Chillin' With My Peeps

My little EEs are white:
    [​IMG]
    This was them on Saturday. I'm looking forward to seeing what they turn out like.

6. OccamsTazer

OccamsTazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Yep yep, I have a white EE roo, green legs and all. His name is Tufts. [​IMG]

7. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Yep I got a an EE white last year from TSC.Grrrrrr unfortunately dog gone coon's tore up coop and got her and a few other's.They better come prepared this year with Titanium claws.We got lanscaping slabs all around bottom this time.We got Millie and 18 layers in there so far and will put these cornish or OEGB's in middle pen.Those are some cute chicks [​IMG]. lovin.

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    One in the center is the white EE, lays a light mint green egg. She was a nice bird and was one of the three white EEs from Ideal Hatchery.
    [​IMG]

9. EggsForIHOP

Apr 18, 2010
    TEXAS
    Quote:I just saw this and the one on the far right is exactly what mine looked like 6 weeks ago! They could have been twins!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by