Can EE's be all white?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by goochgirl, Sep 15, 2010.

1. goochgirl

goochgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    We got both of our girl's from a local feed store. We were told that one was an Americauna and the other was a Silver Laced Wyandotte. The Wyandotte has a white head, but otherwise doesn't look like the other full grown chickens I've seen. The "Americauna" was a yellow chick, and a white (not yellow, beige, or brown) chicken. She is a sweetheart and we love her, but it would be nice to know that she is going to give us a colored egg.. eventually.

2. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    EE's can be any color and can lay just about any color egg. There are all white Ameraucanas so it is definitely possible. Just gotta wait for that first egg to arrive before you know what color it will be. [​IMG]

3. snowflake

snowflake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    I got 2 white Araucana/Americanas from McMurry's thought they were leghorns till their cheeks puffed out and I noticed there gray legs.Not laying yet, but they are sweet

4. Mishiveous

Mishiveous Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2010
    I have 3 pure white EEs. They all have very green legs. No clue what color egg they lay but I assume they are green or blue since I get about 18 green and blue eggs each day [​IMG]

5. Catstar68

Catstar68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Franklinton, NC
    I have one pure white EE and another that is almost entirely white that I got from McMurrays this year. Green legs and muffs saved me from thinking they were extra white rocks [​IMG]
    No eggs yet.

6. Boo-Boo's Mama

Boo-Boo's Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

I have two solid white EE's.

Sweet Cheeks has blue legs and Opal has greenish legs. Sweet Cheeks had a puffy cheeks when she arrived from the hatchery, thus her name. They were yellow chicks that feathered in white.

Opal lays light blue eggs...Sweet Cheeks is close to laying [​IMG] for a darker blue egg from her!!

7. Qi Chicken

Qi Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2009
    We have a white EE roo. He is a sweetie. All white with some gray in the tail feathers.

8. chicksbestfriend

chicksbestfriend Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I have three pure white EE's, and they all lay beautiful olive green colored eggs. Here are a few of my white EE's. I also have a beautiful white EE roo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by