CAN EGGS GET COLD AT END OF INCUBATION AND STILL HATCH!!

dechicks

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 16, 2012
my hen is setting and mustve steped on an egg with a chick in it and killed it she moved off nest ..went to another box the eggs were cold when i saw them i put them back under her but was it to late did babies die ???

Depends on how cold they got. Toward the end of incubation chicks can generate some heat on their own. If they didn't get to cold they will probably be OK.

Depends on how cold they got. Toward the end of incubation chicks can generate some heat on their own. If they didn't get to cold they will probably be OK.
its was daytime and the temp outside was about 65

I've been searching the forum for a similar question.... my duck eggs appear to be fertile, but my ducks are sitting on the eggs. How long after they are laid do I have to get them into an incubator. I just determined the fertility this morning and have two eggs that are cold to the touch (I presume they were laid last night and then left unattended since the morning)

I've been searching the forum for a similar question.... my duck eggs appear to be fertile, but my ducks are sitting on the eggs. How long after they are laid do I have to get them into an incubator. I just determined the fertility this morning and have two eggs that are cold to the touch (I presume they were laid last night and then left unattended since the morning)
I have found answers to my questions :)

Back
Top Bottom