Can Guinea Fowls lay eggs at 3 months?

Hi! I have one female Guinea Fowl named Lovely who layed her first egg today! :yesss: She is only three months old and I read that they start laying at six through nine months. Is she a super early layer?:idunno
It is highly unlikely that a guinea hen would lay at 3 months old. They don't normally start laying until the spring of the year following the year they were hatched.

Can you post a picture of the egg, preferably beside a tape measure or ruler?

Here it is:
Lovely's First Egg.jpg

It is pretty hard like a Guinea Fowl egg and it is definitely too hard to be a chicken egg. It is pretty small. Our chickens are 15 weeks, too young to lay. I found the egg in the middle of the coop on the floor and I know that Guinea Fowls will lay wherever they want. ☺️

It is highly unlikely that a guinea hen would lay at 3 months old. They don't normally start laying until the spring of the year following the year they were hatched.

Can you post a picture of the egg, preferably beside a tape measure or ruler?
X2, they're seasonal layers, I had a cutie that started laying in the fall, they were over six months and then stopped in fall and winter.

It is pretty hard like a Guinea Fowl egg and it is definitely too hard to be a chicken egg. It is pretty small. Our chickens are 15 weeks, too young to lay. I found the egg in the middle of the coop on the floor and I know that Guinea Fowls will lay wherever they want. ☺️
It’s odd whatever it is! I’ve had a few pullets lately at 4 mo, so wouldn’t be unheard of for a chicken. New layers of all kinds do tend to lay wherever the mood strikes them.

Back
Top Bottom