can guineas live outside?

i started out with 2 guinea roos two months ago now though only have one. as to the previous reply about dogs not being able to catch a guinea i must have a exception to that rule. i have a pit that won't chase a chicken but loves to chase the guineas. he finally caught one. he didn't kill it, he didn't even break the skin, but it later died of it injuries. that just my story.

We have three guineas here in Wisconsin. They live fairly peacefully with about 25 chickens in a coop, with access to the outdoors every day. Since our guineas were raised from chick alongside many other chickens in the flock, they hang together. Sometimes the guineas will fly up in the trees, or onto the roof of our house. They come in to the coop most nights. A few weeks ago it was zero degrees fahrenheit and a guinea spent the night in a tree. I'd say that's pretty cold hardy. I like the obnoxious noise they make. Quick to find cover from approaching raptors, dogs and kids, and their noise warns the other chickens.

Back
Top Bottom