Can I add whey protein to my chickens feed to help them during their molt?

I actually have only done it maybe once since posting that. I kind of forgot lol. It didn't have any negative effect that I noticed though! I just mixed a little into their warm grains and seeds mixture I sometimes make for them on cold days. I guess that may be a little counterproductive since the grains counteract the extra protein I'm adding, but oh well lol. Point being, I don't think the whey protein upset their stomachs.

I also want to add that you may want to check the ingredients on your husband's protein powder. Unless it's unflavored or specifically says no artificial sweeteners or colors, most proteins powders have sucralose and other artificial sweeteners and colors, which I imagine wouldn't be good for chickens. I used unflavored whey concentrate powder from bulksupplements.com when I tried this, but I know GNC and Vitamin Shoppe also stock unflavored protein. Just a heads up.
Thanks. Actually, when I brought the matter up with hubby, he reminded me that all our protein powder was chocolate! Big oops! 🫢

Idk if its right or not but the old lady at the feed store told me to use kitten kibble. I just use it as a top dress over their feed so not a ton. They get a grower crumble with oyster shell on the side. Might be good to see what others here say. Ive never had any issues in 5 years. But ya never know.

Back
Top Bottom