can i call a redue for the day??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Evelle, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Evelle

Evelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    [​IMG] im sorry if im not posting this in the right spot.
    I am having a horrable day.. so it started off pretty good felt like any other day.. i was getting ready for a friend to come and have dinner with us and my dog started to bark uncontrolable.. usally does that when a deer come in to the yard.. so i look out side and i see my egg layer duck laying on the ground.. when i opend the door i ran to see if she was still alive. [​IMG] sadly she had taken her last breath out of panic i forgot to shut the door behind me. well my dog bolted outside very strange cuz he usally stays in the yard. i called and called and called for him but he wouldnt come back so i started to walk to my neighbors yard i started to hear dogs fighting.. it was mine and my neighbors dogs. [​IMG] so all ticked off that something got my duck and my dog running off and not listening to me.. i finally decided to go do my chores
    when i got to the chicken coop i found my rooster stuck in the feeder like his comb was REALLY STUCK in the feeder and he had hung himself cold and purple i took him to the fire pit and burned the bodys [​IMG]
    this is why i want a redue!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    KAYEFF CEE
    i hatched him this april he was a good boy always under my feet and never agressive. hes barred rock/leg horn.
    ALL WHITE
    [​IMG]
    this is blackfoot one of five ducks she was the odd one out.. so followed me all over. [​IMG]
    i want them back [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

2. ReikiStar

ReikiStar Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm so sorry.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  3. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] That is so sad. I hate it when more than one bad thing happens in one day. Those days I just have to go to bed early so that tuff day is over as soon as possilble.

4. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    Such a sad day for you, my heart breaks for you. I lost 2 ducklings to a raccoon and 2 chickens to a weasel over the space of 3 days so I can imagine how this day went for you. Tomorrow has to be a better day!

5. Evelle

Evelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    i really want to go hide in a hole.
    i have a turkey in my bath tub with what i think is blackhead and thank god my sister works for a vet or i would have lost 3 birds in 2 days..
    shes doing lots better i saw her eat.. so that makes my day a little less worse.

thank you!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by