can i feed my ducks and chickens goat feed?

chickenlady2004

Songster
Aug 16, 2023
so i went to pick up layer for my ducks and chickens and the farm (the only place around to get feed) had no layer left. now they get more on tuesday, which is two days away. i have medicated chick starter, and goat feed. can i feed either to my ducks and chickens safely? i would hate for them to get sick from it but it is only two days.

so i went to pick up layer for my ducks and chickens and the farm (the only place around to get feed) had no layer left. now they get more on tuesday, which is two days away. i have medicated chick starter, and goat feed. can i feed either to my ducks and chickens safely? i would hate for them to get sick from it but it is only two days.
I think for a couple of days, goat food will suffice. Just not longer term.

Another stop-gap food would be dog food. My ducks like dog food and my dog likes duck food, go figure!!

the chick starter would be fine too. The medicated does not hurt the ducks, like we used to think. just check the expiration date. If it’s more than six months old, it might not be good.

Another stop-gap food would be dog food. My ducks like dog food and my dog likes duck food, go figure!!
oh wow i never thought about dog food! any dog food would work? i’ve got lots of that !!

How funny. My cat is obsessed with crumble feed, especially layer.

For a few days, they won't be too bad off as long as their diet was okay before

Back
Top Bottom