Can I feed my free range chickens Meat? If so, What kinds?

Quote:
I agree. If it's bad for me - cookies, candy, chips - then I consider it bad for my chickens. Everything else they get, including cooked chicken and turkey. They absolutely adore being allowed to pick the turkey carcass clean at Thanksgiving. This past Christmas I also gave them the ham bone from our meal, although I probably shouldn't have, because of the high salt content.

Dogs can't really get salmonella...they have such a shorter digestive track than us. Check out any raw feeding site and notice the people giving "green" (unwashed, unbleached, raw) tripe. That stuff has the most pungent smell. I don't feed that, just because I don't want it to be eaten on my nice new floors, lol.

Seeing as we butcher a whole cow at a time, from a local grass fed farm, and my husband DOES eat the meat raw out of the package...I feed it to everyone else as treats as well. The chickens particularly like fish heads.

Often they just get scraps. There has been a few times lately that my freezer has enough chicken carcasses for soup...so they are the lucky winners. They LOVE it.

Back
Top Bottom