1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can I get a humidity % range?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mmaddie's mom, May 27, 2011.

1. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

... or is that impossible? This is my first time and I have read SO MUCH on this topic that I am just more confused.

I have a Brinsea ECO 20 and am on day 2... temp. is between 99*F (WalMart digital) and just slightly over 100*F (mercury therm. that is attached to the 'bator)... humidity is @ 41% (WalMart digital hygrometer).

ANY help will be appreciated... thanks.

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  2. RachaelS

RachaelS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Austin, TX
    35-40 percent during the first 18 days and at least 65-75 during lockdown. I think for a beginner (like me) that is where I got my best hatch rate

3. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    You're great at 41 but don't worry about keeping it exactly there because you'll drive yourself nuts [​IMG] I usually add enough water to get to 40 or so and then leave it alone until it gets in the 30 - 35 range.

4. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you both! Finally 2 people who agree. [​IMG]
    That is what I will do.

ps: and I just got a note from the guy I got the eggs from and he says 30-45%... confirming what you both said! [​IMG]

5. RachaelS

RachaelS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Wonderful best of luck to you [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by