Can I get some gender guesses?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mamayicken, May 24, 2012.

1. mamayicken

mamayicken In the Brooder

May 23, 2012
    I am still so new at this and have read about one hundred other blogs.These babies are about 4 weeks old today. I have already asked about the BR but now am curious of the gender of my other three. I can't keep a roo because of noise so I am now wondering should I prepare to have my heart broken anymore? Thank you for your input. If you want to guess at breed to that might help but am mostly interested in gender.

[​IMG]

2. Peep_Show

Peep_Show Crowing

Mar 14, 2010
    Corrales, NM
    More pictures would be helpful. Not sure on the Buff Orpington in the front (real thick legs), but the other BO and the RIR look pullety to me.

3. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Songster

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Barred rock looks like a roo to me

With the others it is hard to tell cause they are still so pale but the one up front does have big legs.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  4. mamayicken

May 23, 2012
    I will try to get some better pics, they move so fast....

5. Malibu99

Malibu99 Crowing

Apr 23, 2012
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    I'd say the three in the back are pullets, but we need a comb shot of the one in the front. BR cockerels have double barring gene, and pullets only have one, therefore making the cockerels lighter in appearance.

6. AnimalLover234

AnimalLover234 Chirping

Feb 6, 2012
    Bay City, TX
    Man My chicks are 4 months old and I don't even know what gender any of them are!! 2 more months and I'll find out [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Malibu99

Malibu99 Crowing

Apr 23, 2012
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    If you do a thread on it and post pics, you can find out early [​IMG]

8. mamayicken

May 23, 2012
    More pictures, see if this will help. The one with slightly thicker legs has a slightly smaller comb. I tried to get a shot of the body and the feathers too. Not sure if that helps for this breed or not. The two are acutually a little hard to tell apart but I am noticing subtle variations like the one with the slightly bigger legs has got a crooked comb. Thank you again for your input.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Songster

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    In the first picture the one on the left looks rooish to me

10. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

All the other three are pullets. The barred rock is the only roo I see :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: