Can I get some gender guesses?

mamayicken

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 23, 2012
I am still so new at this and have read about one hundred other blogs.These babies are about 4 weeks old today. I have already asked about the BR but now am curious of the gender of my other three. I can't keep a roo because of noise so I am now wondering should I prepare to have my heart broken anymore? Thank you for your input. If you want to guess at breed to that might help but am mostly interested in gender.

More pictures would be helpful. Not sure on the Buff Orpington in the front (real thick legs), but the other BO and the RIR look pullety to me.

Barred rock looks like a roo to me

With the others it is hard to tell cause they are still so pale but the one up front does have big legs.

Last edited:
I'd say the three in the back are pullets, but we need a comb shot of the one in the front. BR cockerels have double barring gene, and pullets only have one, therefore making the cockerels lighter in appearance.

Man My chicks are 4 months old and I don't even know what gender any of them are!! 2 more months and I'll find out
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

More pictures, see if this will help. The one with slightly thicker legs has a slightly smaller comb. I tried to get a shot of the body and the feathers too. Not sure if that helps for this breed or not. The two are acutually a little hard to tell apart but I am noticing subtle variations like the one with the slightly bigger legs has got a crooked comb. Thank you again for your input.

Back
Top Bottom