Can i move a brooding quail and her eggs?

I'd move her now but I would not get my hopes up. I doubt she will continue to sit.
Ive decided not to move her, although other females keep trying to lay more eggs in her nest, so ive marked all her eggs so i can make sure to take out new ones, because i wouldnt want some growing at different times, and them dying when she gets off the nest when the others have hatched. Ive also blocked off most of the quail into my other pen, so there arent so many around her.

Ive decided not to move her, although other females keep trying to lay more eggs in her nest, so ive marked all her eggs so i can make sure to take out new ones, because i wouldnt want some growing at different times, and them dying when she gets off the nest when the others have hatched. Ive also blocked off most of the quail into my other pen, so there arent so many around her.
Good luck.

Sometimes it's the only way to gain knowledge and experince! ;)

Update, i did move her. Shes been super persistant with sitting on them, yet the other females keep scattering her eggs. Everytime i see one out of the nest, i brought it inside and put it in my incubator. I tried putting them back under her but they would just get pushed out by the other females again. She started out with 17 eggs and now only has 3 under her, and i have 9 in my incubator. I moved her and the 3 eggs to a brooder, and im gunna see if she continues to sit on them. If she does ill try putting the other 9 back under her.

Back
Top Bottom