Can I Move My Started Eggs ???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by nvm5111, Jun 13, 2016.

1. nvm5111

nvm5111 New Egg

Jun 13, 2016
    I have an incubator with an egg turner and several eggs that have been in there for a week now. I am getting ready to move (a little unexpectedly) and it will be before the eggs are ready to hatch. Should I take the incubator along on my 9 hour drive to my new place? I realize theres a risk i could lose some which I could live with, but if theres no chance of me having any viable eggs after that drive then I dont wanna waste my time.

And if the case is that the eggs wont make it there and be hatchable, is there a way I can collect new eggs and store them for transport and then hatch them in the incubator once I reach my destination?

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    You will get more info from others by going to Forum scroll down to Backyard chickens then over to Incubating and Hatching Eggs. I would not go to all of the trouble myself since it would be difficult to maintain 99.5 F temperature plus the proper humidity. You would also need to manually turn the eggs 3 times a day. Of course if you could get a broody hen who likes to travel, she might be able to hatch them for you, LOL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by