CAN I PUT IODINE TINCTURE IN WATER FOR LAYER CHICKENS TO HELP TREAT FOWL POX

Chickens have fowl pox. It seems to be the dry one. All of them still seem to be ok.

Fowl Pox is mainly contracted through insects like Mosquitoes, but during an outbreak you can sanitize your drinking water with Iodine to help reduce spread through shared water stations.
If using 1% Iodine mix 1 teaspoon per gallon of drinking water. For 2% Iodine mix 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of drinking water. Make this the only source of water for the flock until the outbreak has subsided.

Clean your water stations daily.

If you have photos you wish to share, we will be happy to take a look at them.

You go weaker than I do. If it still works just as well that is awesome. Never seen any ill effects on the stronger side, but no need to overkill if I don't have to.:)
Fowl Pox is mainly contracted through insects like Mosquitoes, but during an outbreak you can sanitize your drinking water with Iodine to help reduce spread through shared water stations.
If using 1% Iodine mix 1 teaspoon per gallon of drinking water. For 2% Iodine mix 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of drinking water. Make this the only source of water for the flock until the outbreak has subsided.

Thanks for the reply. I will take a photo in the morning .

IMG_20190101_031125.jpg
IMG_20190101_031134.jpg
IMG_20190101_031046.jpg
Can you post a photo of your bottle, front and back?

Back
Top Bottom