Can I put my chicks in a coop at 3 weeks?

GimmeCake

Songster
6 Years
May 8, 2013
My chicks are 11 days old. I'm planning on moving them into my coop in about 2 weeks. The reason why I can't really wait is because I have a big coop I'm setting up to put the flock that's currently in the coop I'm moving my chicks to into, and eventually merging both into the new big coop. The problem is because I have a 105qt storage container as the brooder with a total of 7 chicks in it at the moment, plus 3 of those are already about 3 weeks, so I will have 3 5 week old chicks, and 4 3 week old chicks all in a 105qt storage container. So if I put a heat lamp into my coop, will it work? I can't really wait longer. I may also put them into it in a week, although definitely not less then that. I also don't plan on letting them out into the run.

Last edited:
My brooder is in the coop. My chicks are out there as soon as I take them out of the incubator. Chicks need a few things; food, water, heat, protection from the elements, protection from predators. If your coop can provide that, put them out there tonight or as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom