can I put new chicks in brooder w old chicks?

They should be okay. I have done it in the past with no problems what so ever. (Curse those chick days at tractor supply ;) ) as long as you have plenty of room for the new guys, I wouldn't worry about it. :D

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread and if I need to start a new one please let me know. I got 10 Red Stars last Monday and lost 2. So I got 7 (raising some for a friend) Orpingtons today (blue and black). I put them together since they are all about a week to two weeks old. The Red Stars really took to pecking at them pretty bad. I separated them. Any suggestions?

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread and if I need to start a new one please let me know. I got 10 Red Stars last Monday and lost 2. So I got 7 (raising some for a friend) Orpingtons today (blue and black). I put them together since they are all about a week to two weeks old. The Red Stars really took to pecking at them pretty bad. I separated them. Any suggestions?
New thread with a good title would be appropriate, and get you more answers...or search 'integration'.
Advanced Search>Titles Only> integration

Back
Top Bottom