Can I put second batch of eggs a couple of days after first incubater

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sue3, Apr 21, 2008.

1. sue3

sue3 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2008
    I have sent for eggs to hatch and may be getting two batches a couple of days apart. Would it be safe enough to put the second batch in with the first to incubate together 2 or 3 days later. First eggs will be bantys and second full sized breed if that makes any difference.

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Do you have an extra incubator to use as a hatcher? I have different batches of eggs in the same incubator all the time, but I move them out to a hatcher so they can all still have the correct humidities. If they're only a day or so apart, you may be able to get by with doing it.

3. sue3

sue3 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2008
    No I don't have a second incubator.

4. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    I wouldn't worry a bit about it. The few extra days at the higher humidity will likely make no difference.

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    If it was more of a week or so I'd worry about humidity but like the others say a day or so apart you shouldn't have a problem... I had just asked this very question myself as I was getting two set of eggs a day apart and was told just to stop turning a day early.....I need another bator, just running two full steam is not enough!! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by