Can I put Tylan in water?

Chandlerharris

Songster
Jan 17, 2021
Currently treating my flock for mycoplasma. Every time I turn around someone else is going down. I’ve had two die. Tell me… am I able to put the Tylan in water like you can corid? May not “technically” be right but CAN I? Or am I just going to have to hand dose every bird for the sake of precision? I have upward of 40 birds so keeping track and dosing each is going to be difficult if this really spreads like I think it will.

Do you know for sure it's Mycoplasma?

You are treating with Tylan50 or Tylan200? What dose and how many times a day?

Are all symptomatic?

No. Tylan Injectable settles out of the water. Dose individual birds or get Tylan Soluble which is meant to go into the water. Only treat birds that have symptoms, so you may need to do some separating.

https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/

Do you know for sure it's Mycoplasma?

You are treating with Tylan50 or Tylan200? What dose and how many times a day?

Are all symptomatic?

No. Tylan Injectable settles out of the water. Dose individual birds or get Tylan Soluble which is meant to go into the water. Only treat birds that have symptoms, so you may need to do some separating.

https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/
Symptoms include - swollen eye/s, sometimes shut, gasping for air, shaking head, runny noses and eyes, bubbles in eyes. I’ve had two die. I have six in quarantine that are being dosed. I’m in the process of sending off the last one that died to my state lab for testing. I’m doing tylan 200 injectable orally .1 ml per 4 lbs. and vetrx on head and where wings meet breast. The three I’ve done first have shown good improvement. Ive only treated those with symptoms. Just getting overwhelmed. I have small children and am pregnant and ..yeah. Guess it’s the nature of the beast.

I'm sorry that you are having a rough time.

I did see you have another thread, which is totally fine, but did you note that Kim (eggcessive) said to give the Tylan200 3 times a day? This may prove to be challenge for you, but the medication is most effective when you are able to give 3 times a day.

Symptoms include - swollen eye/s, sometimes shut, gasping for air, shaking head, runny noses and eyes, bubbles in eyes. I’ve had two die. I have six in quarantine that are being dosed. I’m in the process of sending off the last one that died to my state lab for testing. I’m doing tylan 200 injectable orally .1 ml per 4 lbs. and vetrx on head and where wings meet breast. The three I’ve done first have shown good improvement. Ive only treated those with symptoms. Just getting overwhelmed. I have small children and am pregnant and ..yeah. Guess it’s the nature of the beast.
Please let us know the results from the state lab. I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

I'm sorry that you are having a rough time.

I did see you have another thread, which is totally fine, but did you note that Kim (eggcessive) said to give the Tylan200 3 times a day? This may prove to be challenge for you, but the medication is most effective when you are able to give 3 times a day.
Yes I’m doing morning lunch and dinner dosing for the sick birds. My husband works from home is able to help me with it. The one that recently died I guess I just didn’t notice for a while and went down quickly. I wanted to thin my flock out before I had the baby but Geeze didn’t want it to be like this!! Lol.

Please let us know the results from the state lab. I'm sorry you're dealing with this.
Thank you, I overnighted it yesterday so hopefully they’ll have some preliminary results for me before the weekend. But all these symptoms so far scream mycoplasma to me 🥴

Yes I’m doing morning lunch and dinner dosing for the sick birds. My husband works from home is able to help me with it. The one that recently died I guess I just didn’t notice for a while and went down quickly. I wanted to thin my flock out before I had the baby but Geeze didn’t want it to be like this!! Lol.
:hugs

Back
Top Bottom