Can I ship chicken, or quail eggs from Hawaii without special permits?

doodlesthe17th

Hatching
Oct 19, 2020
I have a quail farm, and a chicken farm in Hawaii. I have fewer than 3000 birds so I'm not federally regulated. My only local requirement is a state excise tax ID for recording my income and a food establishment permit for selling the eggs. My question is, what happens if I ship washed eggs in fixed-rate shipping boxes? I would greatly appreciate your help if anyone could help me figure out how to do this. I may just send you some eggs!!!

I have a quail farm, and a chicken farm in Hawaii. I have fewer than 3000 birds so I'm not federally regulated. My only local requirement is a state excise tax ID for recording my income and a food establishment permit for selling the eggs. My question is, what happens if I ship washed eggs in fixed-rate shipping boxes? I would greatly appreciate your help if anyone could help me figure out how to do this. I may just send you some eggs!!!
To legally do so, you have to meet the import requirements for the destination state. Every state has import rules and they can be different for all 50 states. Most require NPIP certification along with a veterinary certificate of health of the flock. Some states also require an import permit.

If you're still on the forum, let's swap info. Hawaii's import laws are strict so I'd have to get eggs from a local source like you.

Back
Top Bottom