Can I trust them.

Augie1

Chirping
Aug 18, 2020
I have ducks and chickens. In separate coops both with automatic doors. My question is can I trust my ducks to go to bed every night? Just in case. I have been putting to bed every day at 5pm for the past 2 months.

i wouldn’t use automatic doors, if an animal doesn’t get in on time they’ll die
I use automatic doors for the morning. Since I can't get up there in the morning. I make sure they are all inside and the doors have closed at night. What if I was to set the closing time around 9 or 10? They have electric fencing all around. This is just a what-if question.

I use automatic doors for the morning. Since I can't get up there in the morning. I make sure they are all inside and the doors have closed at night. What if I was to set the closing time around 9 or 10? They have electric fencing all around. This is just a what-if question.
anyway you can get cheap cameras to just make sure they are all in before it closes?

Just set them to an hour after dark. Birds go and hunker down at dusk when they can still see. Every bird should be inside by then unless there is something making them want to stay outside more than go inside where it's safe

Back
Top Bottom