Can I use this chemical for canker in my chickens???

kevm2017

Songster
6 Years
May 5, 2017
Laredo
Okay so two of my chickens have a canker in there beak same size half and half in and outside like a lump. Iodine or blue kote wont help. I dont want to use metronindazole pills (I have the 250mg) since I want them to be antibiotic free. I saw in other posts that I can use copper sulphate apple cider vinegar dilute in water for 3 days. I want to try that method. I cant find copper sulfate anywhere my feedstore has it for 30 bucks :eek: after researching and looking I came out and edend with Zep drain product the active ingredient is copper sulfate 99% percent and 1% other ingredient. Will that 1% other ingredient kill my chicken? I also heard it can be used as a preventive for cankers. I have alot of pigeons and wild sporrows birds visiting my backyard I am fed up with that. Thats why I want to try that method. Hope to hear from previous experience. Thankyou!

Attachments

• 20171108_124541.jpg
    20171108_124541.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 28
@kevm2017 I would NOT use root killer as a source of copper sulfate, I fear this would be toxic to your chickens. Please take the time to order the correct product.

What you want is ACIDIFIED COPPER SULFATE for animal use this can be found online at places like JeffersPet https://www.jefferspet.com/products/acidified-copper-sulfate-1

Note the wording on packaging - "supplemental copper" or "nutritional supplementation of dietary copper" this is the type of wording you need. Ingredients would be Copper Sulfate and Citric Acid. Dosing and mixing instruction are on the package.

upload_2017-11-8_15-35-49.png
upload_2017-11-8_15-39-31.png

@kevm2017 I would NOT use root killer as a source of copper sulfate, I fear this would be toxic to your chickens. Please take the time to order the correct product.

What you want is ACIDIFIED COPPER SULFATE for animal use this can be found online at places like JeffersPet https://www.jefferspet.com/products/acidified-copper-sulfate-1

Note the wording on packaging - "supplemental copper" or "nutritional supplementation of dietary copper" this is the type of wording you need. Ingredients would be Copper Sulfate and Citric Acid. Dosing and mixing instruction are on the package.

View attachment 1182035 View attachment 1182046
Oh okay thanks for the heads up i was about to buy it.

Back
Top Bottom