Can it be twins?? But not double yolker? dead...graphic pics added

I know I wish all the chicken geniuses would jump on and tell me. I really gently opened it and the yolk was already scrambled. My daughter messed with my bator and I think she jarred it...I think it was unstable to begin with. ITs hard to tell in the pic, but there definitely appeared to be 2 eyes that weren't laterally placed but opposite eachother and it kinda looked like two bodies, but they were kind of joined together. I think they were rotting which is why it looks so collapsed. Now im just busting with curiosity!!
smile.png

I've seen lots of embryos and mutations can happen where embryos have two heads. Only once have I seen two tails, vs the maybe half dozen two heads. Granted, I've seen hundreds if not over a thousand day 3 embryos. A tip on not breaking the yolk when opening an egg is to chill it first. Most "scrambled" yolks aren't literally scrambled in the egg.

I'm so glad to hear that. I thought I was going crazy or my chick was contaminated with radiation! LOL I wish I would have know that tip...my morbid sense of curiosity would have been much more sated if I got to see the chick more clearly!

Back
Top Bottom