Can just 1 jersey giant hen get along with 1 silkie roo and 2 silkie hens

Bryce Thomas

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
I wanna create a much larger silkie chicken, and I want it as large as it can be, because why not? Yes I will be looking and breeders and try to pick out a jersey giant hen that seems peaceful but will a silkie rooster even be big enough to mate with a jersey giant hen? Im not trying to be funny here but I dont know how good it would be to have a girl as an "alpha" of the flock...

No, he would probably not be able to mate with her. I have a cochin bantam rooster, and he can't even mate with my EE who is pretty small.
@MysteryChicken made giant silkies.
I'm working on Giant Silkies. Haven't made them yet, I will be doing a back crossing my F1 Giant Silkie cross rooster to some LF Silkie hens soon.

I wanna create a much larger silkie chicken, and I want it as large as it can be, because why not? Yes I will be looking and breeders and try to pick out a jersey giant hen that seems peaceful but will a silkie rooster even be big enough to mate with a jersey giant hen? Im not trying to be funny here but I dont know how good it would be to have a girl as an "alpha" of the flock...
He should be able to breed her, my silkies successfully breed my Brahmas.

Back
Top Bottom