Can my chicks go off medicated feed at 3 weeks?

I use organic chick crumb, which looks a whole lot like ground up pellets. Plus, kiddie vitamins (without iron) in the water every other day. They get to go outside only if it is dry, and won't be outside full time until they are around 4 weeks or so. They are thriving, and without being able to get medicated feed here that I know of, or being able to buy just a dozen or so doses of anything for poultry (bulk buy in the 5000 dose mark only) I am simply going to have to watch them and make sure they stay nice and dry ofr as long as possible. As my hens love to run around in the sprinkler and play in the rain, rolling in the wet grass, they are a law unto themselves. Bombproof hybrids, I call them!

Quote:
You can also scoop up soil and put it in the brooder with your chicks. They'll have a blast scratching through it, and it will help them start to get exposure. Of course, getting them on the actual ground is better, but if it's not 90 degrees at your house all day, getting some soil in there with them helps too.

And yes, it's great for you to put your chicks on the ground right away if the weather cooperates.

Back
Top Bottom