CAN NORMAL CORNISH X BROILER LAY AN EGG?

Greetings from Kansas and :welcome. Happy you joined us. Because they were developed for meat production Cornish X experience rapid growth. In order for a hen of this breed to reach egg laying age of about 20 weeks, she might start experience health problems. They seem to grow faster than their bones are able to support their added weight. With that said I looked back at some old threads (I typed Cornish egg laying in the BYC search box) and was surprised to find several people wrote about Cornish X that had produced eggs. However, the theme seemed to be that health problems accompanied and the birds didn't experience a long laying life. I would certainly think eggs from this breed would be cost prohibitive as they eat like growing teenage boys. You might want to do a little BYC research if you are still pondering. Here is a link where you could post https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/21/meat-birds-etc
Best of luck to you.

Welcome to BYC, I think they don't liv long enough to produce eggs unless you keep them on a strict diet (no gorging all day long) and move food away from coop so they have to exercise to get to it. Some folks even allow them to free range.

welcome-byc.gif
glad you have joined us.

Good luck with the challenge.

Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice and links already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
CT

Thanks alot comrades for your support you gave me, let's me work on this especially on balancing the diet so as to see if Cornish x will lay an egg

One thing else is,I want to make my home incubator already i have pc fan with 12Vdc but i wonder on how to make choice of energy source (bulb its specification related to fan)which will be good enough to give out and maintain temperature of 99.5f(37.5c)-100.5f(37.8) in incubating box.

Back
Top Bottom