Can only keep one silkie roo in the pen... which would you choose?

I think Homer is better because Bart's comb color could be darker. Bart has a very interesting color to him though.

My vote is Homer.
smile.png

I vote for which ever one has the least amount of hard wing and tail feathers.

I think either one would throw pretty offspring but work on those hard feathers.

What are your breeding goals? If you're looking to keep pure colors, the only one you can use would be Homer. If you don't care about having pure varieties and just want some mixed colored birds, then go with Bart. Homer has a better type and is a recognized color, although he does have some off coloring (the black on his cushion). Bart has a slightly fuller crest and better foot feathering, but his comb is too red and he is a mixed color. Choose the one that will best suit your goals.
smile.png

Quote:
I'm new to the splash coloring, so this is the info I was looking for. Homer will be the primary, with Bart in reserves. I may keep Bart with any extra blues, just to see what we get.
smile.png

They're both just fascinating to me. But Homer is softer, fewer hard feathers, and I think his comb is darker than Bart's. They're still young... 8.5 months old. It will be neat to see how much they evolve in the coming months.
smile.png

Silkie roos often take two years or more to reach full maturity. Depending on your goals, as Lil Peep said, you can also consider rotating them through the pen to see who throws better chicks.

Neither one is quite standard in colour. Both are handsome
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom