Can Peocock force a peahen for mating ?

yes i will give her a place to hide. but i really love to know if Poecock force a not adult peahen to mate ?
Usually not, most cocks will ignore an immature hen in a breeding pen, mine do. But if she is the only hen available in a closed pen his frustration may make him try to force himself on her. I have a free range cock that has no hen available and he will try to mate with chickens.

Usually not, most cocks will ignore an immature hen in a breeding pen, mine do. But if she is the only hen available in a closed pen his frustration may make him try to force himself on her. I have a free range cock that has no hen available and he will try to mate with chickens.

yes they are in a closed pen. i still didnt trust my self to try them free oneday i let the peacock out but he seems like he still need some time in the pen.
she is the only hen in the pen. also Turky hen which still 5- 6 months old.
today i see that the guinea-fowl also hiking the peahen around.

guinea-fowl is male and female and they are laying egges while i have a chicken which laying on chicken eggs and also guinea-fowl. the chicken eggs are already out but still waiting for the guinea-fowl eggs more 4 days.

and all those birds are in about closed pen indoor 3 * 2 and the outdoor is 5 *4

the plan is to keep all the birds free but i think that they need coop at the first year
i have them now 4 months about the area i really didnt see any tiny place betwen the birds

The coop is upstair i will tell soon the right heigh and long ...

Too many birds in too small of an area. If you let the hen out she may run off because she is afraid of the cock. I would let the cock out, she isn't old enough to lay this year anyway.

Attachments

• video_20180608111935_0000002574.jpg
    video_20180608111935_0000002574.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom