Solved Can people stop responding to 10 year old threads?

What I wouldn't give to go back about 53 years and listen again to my Dad and Grandpa give me pointers about raising chickens. What they told me then remains relevant today and their imparted wisdom has benefited me and all the chickens I have owned greatly.

It was discussed ad nauseam.

Just need to look at the dates!

What I wouldn't give to go back about 53 years and listen again to my Dad and Grandpa give me pointers about raising chickens. What they told me then remains relevant today and their imparted wisdom has benefited me and all the chickens I have owned greatly.
Apparently it's ok to be rude and laugh at people who are being rude. I expected more from these people. Now I have them on ignore and will think twice before offering an opinion.

Apparently it's ok to be rude and laugh at people who are being rude. I expected more from these people. Now I have them on ignore and will think twice before offering an opinion.
I suppose you won't see this since you've blocked me.
But it was not intended rudeness but frustration at a topic that's been beaten like the proverbial dead horse over and over and over.

I do not like elitist that try and control others. All threads that are open are subjects to discuss regardless of age. If a comment or information that is years old is relevant to the reader, or the reader wishes to reopen the subject or debate, I have no problem with that. Some peoples attention span or consideration of others thoughts or comments is very limited. Set up a archive system for post that are real old, but allow them to be commented on and reopened as new threads if a member desires. No one has to read or comment on the post, it is voluntary! People make mistakes and may have attention deficits, they do not need to be demeaned or maybe it is a line of comments they wish to continue seeking or delivering opinions on, so be it. Additional post to an old thread does not change the previous comments or the info they contained. Chickens have the same needs and problems today as 50 years ago. So do people, they just have new clothes and tools/toys. If you have had your questions answered or finished your comments on a thread, good for you, you are free to move on. Don't like the comments of someone or the way a thread is going, you are free to move on to another, with or without your additional comments, as you choose! A subject finished for you may be brand new for someone else! Leave a thread if it becomes annoying to you! We can't always have the last word and properly so, life moves on. Helping new or needy chicken owners and sharing ideas, solutions and problems is the proper focus. Healthy, Happy Chickens for all of you!

I don’t think anyone was laughing, and Aart is never ever here to make fun, only to offer sound and concise advice.

Back
Top Bottom