Can quail be with

Coco, one of my female button/king quail, was previously kept in an outdoor rabbit hutch before I got her, with only some extra hay as insulation during winter and she did fine. If you have a small group, such as a male and 2-3 females, they will huddle together for warmth and keep one-another warm. Just make sure that if you have multiple males, they have enough room to escape and places to hide for when fights break out.

They may look small, but they are vicious little things with very sharp beaks, and know how to use them, even pecking at the eyes and pulling at the eyelids.

Coco, one of my female button/king quail, was previously kept in an outdoor rabbit hutch before I got her, with only some extra hay as insulation during winter and she did fine. If you have a small group, such as a male and 2-3 females, they will huddle together for warmth and keep one-another warm. Just make sure that if you have multiple males, they have enough room to escape and places to hide for when fights break out.

They may look small, but they are vicious little things with very sharp beaks, and know how to use them, even pecking at the eyes and pulling at the eyelids.
So they could attack the Pheasaants if they try anything

So they could attack the Pheasaants if they try anything

No buttons are TINY and cannot, I repeat CANNOT, defend themselves from pheasants. Quail can hurt each other but are powerless against any other animal.

the common button quail is 1.3 oz
common coturnix/ japs are 3.4-5 oz, jumbos being 10-16 oz
california valley quail are around 5.6 oz
bobwhite 4.6-9.0 oz
ring neck pheasants are 41.6 oz (LARGE WEIGHT GAP AKA DON'T MIX)
Golden pheasants are around 22 oz
Ringneck doves are 4.9-7.6 oz
Pigeons are 13 oz

Size difference should be your fist warning that species wont work together (but not the only one)...

Back
Top Bottom