Can regular size rooster mate with bantam hen?

Yes, and we have the offspring to prove it.... 63C3D066-A180-403F-BF57-E91467719500.jpeg
3 of their kids are in the photo....

Has me wondering IF my brahma would try it with a bantam hen. Seeing as I bought at least one bantam roo I am hoping that will not happen thinking the brahma can have at it with the other hens; make sense. Guess I'll find out next springish.

Has me wondering IF my brahma would try it with a bantam hen. Seeing as I bought at least one bantam roo I am hoping that will not happen thinking the brahma can have at it with the other hens; make sense. Guess I'll find out next springish.
Mine that free range don't try to mate with bantam hen. I guess you won't have problem.

So it’s ok if a large rooster mates with a bantam? I’ve just found my Cornish cross rooster mounting my pekin Bantsm and am hoping she will be safe as I wanted them all to free range…

Hi, welcome to the forum. Glad you joined.

So it’s ok if a large rooster mates with a bantam? I’ve just found my Cornish cross rooster mounting my pekin Bantsm and am hoping she will be safe as I wanted them all to free range…
Read my post at the bottom of the previous page. It is not a case of absolute yes or absolute no. Many full-sized roosters mate with bantams without problems but the more difference there is in size the more the risks. A Cornish rooster may not be that high of a risk but a Cornish Cross rooster should be massive. I'd have concerns with a full-sized dual purpose hen and a massive Cornish Cross rooster. That's the main reason when people want to breed DP with Cornish Cross I suggest a male DP rooster and a female Cornish Cross.

Often there are no problems even with a large difference in size but the risk is there. I'd keep an eye on them to see how it goes.

Hi, welcome to the forum. Glad you joined.

Read my post at the bottom of the previous page. It is not a case of absolute yes or absolute no. Many full-sized roosters mate with bantams without problems but the more difference there is in size the more the risks. A Cornish rooster may not be that high of a risk but a Cornish Cross rooster should be massive. I'd have concerns with a full-sized dual purpose hen and a massive Cornish Cross rooster. That's the main reason when people want to breed DP with Cornish Cross I suggest a male DP rooster and a female Cornish Cross.

Often there are no problems even with a large difference in size but the risk is there. I'd keep an eye on them to see how it goes.
Thankyou for your response, So far the bantams seem ok. My Cornish cross roosters are much smaller than the typical ones as they’ve been fed heaps of sprouted foods and I think because their diet is so high in nutrition I’ve been able to prevent them from over eating…..I’ll just keep an eye out on them…

Back
Top Bottom