can someone answer a $$ question for me please?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tentreeacres, Apr 9, 2009.

1. tentreeacres

tentreeacres Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2008
    Texas
    What is the going rate for a 10 - 20 week old Red Sex-Links? It's been a while since I've had any chickens, and I was just wondering what the rate was so I don't get taken for a fool before I buy locally,

Thanks,

2. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I know that is does depend on the area you are in. Somebody I know went to a sale down in KS and hens were going for $22 each when around here they only go for $2-$10 each. Hopefully somebody in TX can tell you the going rate there. I would think it should be no more than $5.00 for chicks at that 10 weeks but more for the 20 week olds.

3. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    Around here I'd say $6-10, though I paid $15 for Welsummers that had yet to lay.

4. tentreeacres

Nov 1, 2008
    Texas
    Thanks, I've been told so far $11, so I was just wondering if that was fair.

5. tentreeacres

Nov 1, 2008
    Texas
    I'm bumping my post up to see if someone in TX can tell me if this is a fair price.

6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I would try searching on your local craigslist to see what people are selling them for. Good luck!

7. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Not sure there but I sold 2 pullets that just started laying a few days ago for $10 a piece. They were mutts but I think its a good price since someone has been feeding them ect., for months.

8. bradybrady09

bradybrady09 BANNED

Mar 19, 2009
    Vermont
    I sell many red sex link here in vermont and i sell them $10 each at 17 weeks old.

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Sex links anywhere from eight to ten dollarsfor a non layer and 15 dollars for laying pullet.

10. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I sell pullets at 12 weeks old for $15.00 each unless they buy four or more. Then I give them a discount.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by