Can someone help me determine if this is a roo

Wrenshens

Hatching
Feb 12, 2017
[/IMG]

I know the picture is not great, and please ignore the chicken poop...sub zero temps, everything is frozen. I believe this is a Rhode Island Red, they are about 17 weeks old....I am 90% convinced this is a Roo, but even with having 40 birds I have never had one before so I am not positive.thank you

Another angle...he/she will not let me get close...if a close head shot will help I can do it tonight when they are roosting

Have you checked to see if he/she has sickles? A cock will have pointed feathers like in this picture, and a hen will have rounded feathers. Its usually more noticeable on the cape and main tail...

500x1000px-LL-db4f9874_image.jpeg

Thanks! Looks like I got a Cockerel. I live in a right to farm town so I am not worried about having him....its my one neighbor who doesn't farm (2 other neighbors have horses, sheep and chickens) who gets angry when we even mow the lawn i'm worried about. We have the right to have any farm animals we want, but worried about angering my already neurotic neighbor :/ hoping hes a quiet one, at 17 weeks he has yet to crow.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom