Can someone please post a pic....

Crazy4Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
Glendale, AZ
I have 5 Americana's about 6 months old ( i think - they were born in June ) - I have noticed that one of them has a nice sized comb and wattles going the other 4 has tiny little cute pink combs.
I also 4 LB all with small pink little combs and 5 SLC all with the small pink combs- so I am pretty sure that most of those are hens.
If this Americana is a Roo - at that age shouldn't he be crowing by now? my little banty ( same age crows all the time ) also since these all are the same age and have all been raised together - if this one turns out to be a roo - will he and my banty start fighting?
they all get along fine right now.
I will try and post some pics as soon as I can
But was wondering if someone could please post a pic of that breed at about 5-6 months - both hen and roo if you can please so I can kinda compare them. I thought I had all hens
barnie.gif

thanks
Julie

I don't have a picture to post but have they started laying eggs? A hens wattle and comb usually get redder and more pronounced when she is laying or about to start laying. My little banty EE roo's comb was much redder at 4 weeks than the girls (no EE's). So maybe you will be getting some eggs soon...

Tonya

Yeah; at 6 months old, it should be crowing. I had a wyandotte that everyone thought was a roo too; until she started laying eggs. She still has bigger wattles and comb than anyone else....Roos--you should be able to see hackle feathers and the tail starting to come in.

Well right now no - one is laying
hit.gif
to cold i think
but after looking at some pics ( thank you cynthia ) I do know I have 4 pullets all with cute little pink girly combs. the other one has a rather big comb - really really red color I dont think it is getting ready to lay eggs - because the comb on this one is totally different than the combs of the other 4 - and since they are the same breed/ age I would imagine that all the combs would either be big and red or small pink? ( but I could be wrong LOL ) anyway I am going to get pics this morning of all 5 of them and get them posted this weekend.
If it is a roo - he will be free to good home along with a female ( so he can have company ) to anyone close enough to pick him up.

Julie

They all develop individually and not according to any schedule you can count on.
roll.png
Right now I have two pullets born on the same day one has been laying for a month, the other hasn't layed a single egg yet. Patience is definately a virtue when it comes to raising chicks.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom