Can someone please tell me if I have hens???

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by charliechickidychicken, Apr 19, 2007.

1. charliechickidychicken

charliechickidychicken New Egg

Apr 9, 2007
    colorado
    I recieved 2 dyed baby chickens for Easter, Can someone tell me if they are hens??? I need all the help I can get!!!:eek: Also I found out we can't have a rooster in city limits, I can't seperate my little ones!!! I took some pics and was hoping just maybe someone could tell what our new additions are even what breed maybe????:aww ok sorry now I can't figure out how to put a pic!!! Boy I'm really a newbbie Ok can anyone show me how to put a pic on here hehehe!!???

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  2. girlsnboys

girlsnboys Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2007
    Whidbey Island, WA
    follow the instructions under FAQ's. It is really easy--step by step instructions. Waiting to see your pics:)

3. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    I'm guessing that since you got them as Easter gifts, they would be roughly 4 weeks old. Do you know their ages for sure? I also have dyed easter chicks and posted a question similar to this in another thread. At 4 weeks, roo's should be showing some pink in the comb, pullets likely will not. If you don't know the ages, pics would help with that also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by