Can someone please tell me the variety of my Dutch Bantams?

FlCountryGirl

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 12, 2013
Punta Gorda, FL

The breeder said the hen was a light brown and the rooster is a Blue cream light brown. Is this correct? If so what will I get out of this pair colorwise?

Just found this post, after answering the one on the Dutch Bantam thread.

Looks like your pullet IS a Cream Light Brown, from her picture-SO you are GO for offspring in both CLB and BCLB, the way they should be bred! Good News!

Nice little Dutch. However the Saddle color of the cockerel is not as CREAM as it should be--he could be a LB/BCLB cross. This could affect the Cream color of their offspring--and not the clear Creams that is the Standard color. She would be better with a darker orange breast color, but it may darken with maturity. ENJOY!

Just found this post, after answering the one on the Dutch Bantam thread.

Looks like your pullet IS  a Cream Light Brown, from her picture-SO you are GO for offspring in both CLB and BCLB, the way they should be bred!   Good News!

Nice little Dutch. However the Saddle color of the cockerel is not as CREAM as it should be--he could be a LB/BCLB cross.  This could affect the Cream color of their offspring--and not the clear Creams that is the Standard color.   She would be better with a darker orange breast color, but it may darken with maturity.  ENJOY!

So glad to hear that! Haha I just read your other reply before this one. I'm glad she is a CLB after all. They are only 6 months old at the moment so hoping they will change a little in color like you stated above. Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom